Campaigning with CAAT
You can get more involved in the campaign in any of these ways:
- Take action online
- Work with others: Join or start a local CAAT group
- Become a Local Contact
- Lobby government
- Challenge local arms company
- Raise awareness: become a local media activist or join the CAAT Speakers Network
- Help raise funds
- Get involved in the Universities Network
- Get involved in the Christian network
Become a CAAT Key Campaigner
Receive campaigner updates from CAAT and help spread the word about CAAT by receiving multiple copies of our materials to distribute in your area and put up on church or community centre notice boards.
Become a Local Media Activist
Help build CAAT's profile by contacting your local media every month with the help of a monthly briefing from CAAT with ideas, facts and tips. Contact our Press Co-ordinator at media(at)caat·org·uk for more information.
Join the CAAT Speakers Network
Raise awareness about CAAT and get people campaigning by committing to arrange at least three talks a year. Whether you are an experienced public speaker, or have never spoken in public before, we will provide training and information to help you to do so!
If you join the network, we will ask you to:
- Attend a speakers' training
- Pro-actively look for at least three opportunities a year to speak for CAAT to groups such as trade union branches, schools, local campaign groups and faith institutions.
- Complete a feedback form and send it to us after each talk you deliver.
We will support you with:
- A day's training and skillshare session once a year
- A speakers pack, with talk outlines and sample powerpoint presentations
- Advice from the CAAT office
We will also occasionally contact you with requests for speakers that have come to the CAAT office.
See CAAT's Top Tips for Public Speaking
If you would like more information about one of these roles, to order a copy of the Local Campaigns Guide PDF (1MB) or simply to let us know about a campaign action you have organised, then contact CAAT's Outreach Co-ordinator.